Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Generation Portable

Go down 
+4
BBarger30
zzz3
Nightmare5019
DIVINA__
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

@PSN : DIVINA__
@XBOX : PR08LEMZ
Rep : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Next Generation Portable Empty
PostSubject: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

[quote]
Next Generation Portable Ngp1_inline_1296114423
Sony formally revealed the heavily-rumored PSP2 in Japan today. The device has been codenamed NGP for "next generation portable." It is set for release by the end of 2011. Pricing information was not provided.NGP will use a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. The cards will store full game titles and add-on game content or save data. Sony notes that they'll be able to provide higher capacity cards in the future to allow developers to store more game data. The device also supports PlayStation Network Trophies.

The NGP contains a touch screen on top and a touch pad on the bottom. This will allow players to interact with games through "touch, grab, trace, push and pull" moves of the fingers. Sadly, the release date and price were not revealed. However, Sony did say that the NGP would be out for the 2011 holiday season.

Next Generation Portable Psp2-announced-codenamed-ngp-20110127000620492-000

The NGP's debut party saw Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet and Call of Duty take the stage, but most were just tech demos. So far, more than 10 third-parties are listed a supporting the NGP. NGP, the successor to the PlayStation Portable, is getting an all-new interface. Dubbed LiveArea, the program acts as a hub page for games, and like the XMB before it, LiveArea allows users to hop between the different parts of the PlayStation space. Want to know more about the live message boards and 3G connectivity?

Next Generation Portable Psp2-announced-codenamed-ngp-20110127000619195-001
Next Generation Portable Ngp2_inline_1296114626

Ever wish you could play PlayStation games on your smartphone or tablet? Sony aims to do precisely that with PlayStation Suite, their new unified gaming platform for Android 2.3.

Hardware Specs

CPU:

ARM Corte-A9 core (4 core)

GPU:

SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions:

Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen:

(Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)

Rear touch pad:

Multi touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras:

Front camera, Rear camera

Sound:

Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone

Sensors:

Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)

Three-axis electronic compass

Built-in GPS

Wi-Fi location service support

Keys/Switches:

PS button

Power button

Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)

Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)

Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)

Right stick, Left stick

START button, SELECT button

Volume buttons (+/-)

Wireless Communications:

Mobile network connectivity (3G)

IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)

(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)

Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
Back to top Go down
Nightmare5019
Nightmare5019

@PSN : Nightmare5019
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm

i like =D
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm

yea, its amazing how far we are in technology these days.
funny cause who knows what there will be in a couple of years from now
gonna get this for sure, but probably on the second or third year of release

price has to be way high on release. remember ps3 was $600
this portable console is being compared to the ps3.
im estimating $300-$400
Back to top Go down
zzz3
Active User
Active User
zzz3

@PSN : ZUEY
Rep : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:27 pm

DIVINA__ wrote:

im estimating $300-$400

oled screen etc. damn i think you are right its going to be expensive. Ill probably wait till its under $200 before picking it up. Thanks for the update btw.
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

^thanks
just so you dont have to read the whole article, heres the following games line up

Sony said the NGP rivals the graphical power of the PlayStation 3, and the company proved it. Sony released a trailer that showed off several key titles, including: Hot Shots Golf Next, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, WipEout, Resistance, Hustle Kings, and Uncharted Portable.

FULL IGN ARTICLE
Quote :

During Sony's press conference today where it revealed the next iteration of the PSP system, currently codenamed Next Generation Portable, a slew of tech demos and games were shown.

Sony said the NGP rivals the graphical power of the PlayStation 3, and the company proved it. Sony released a trailer that showed off several key titles, including: Hot Shots Golf Next, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, WipEout, Resistance, Hustle Kings, and Uncharted Portable.

Other first-party titles also include Little Deviants, Gravity Daze, Reality Fighters, Smart As, and Broken.

Shuhei Yoshida, president of SCE Worldwide Studios, took the stage to give a live gameplay demonstration of Uncharted. Shuhei first controlled Drake using the touch screen and moved him through a jungle environment. He later showed he could control Drake swinging on a vine using the NGP's SixAxis capability. Drake can also be controlled by the bottom touch pad. The built-in gyro sensor was also demoed to control Drake's aiming.

Later, Jun Takeuchi of Capcom took the stage to announce Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, a downloadable version of the PSP Monster Hunter Portable ported over for play on NGP. He gave a quick demo on stage. Takeuchi also gave a short demo of a realtime cutscene from Lost Planet 2 running on the NGP, saying it took roughly two weeks for his team to port over. Lost Planet 2 was not announced as a planned NGP release, it was shown only as a demonstration of the power of MT Framework on NGP. HeTakeuchididn't announce any new games but said to stay tuned.

Next up, Toshihiro Nagoshi from SEGA appeared and showed off a video demo of Yakuza: Of the End, a spin-off zombie title currently set for PS3. Nagoshi did not announce that it would arrive on NGP.

A new Dynasty Warriors game was confirmed. Tecmo Koei's Akihiro Suzuki showed off some gameplay that allows players to simply tap an enemy to kill them. Metal Gear director Hideo Kojima later came out to show off a real-time demo of a cutscene from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Kojima envisions the possibility of creating a PlayStation 3 title that players can than transfer to the NGP to play on the go. He'll be presenting his new project at E3 this June.

Making a surprise appearance was Epic Games' Tim Sweeney who showed off two real-time demos, Citadel, which is currently available on iPhone, and Dungeon Defenders on Android. And last but not least, Philip Earl from Activision announced a new Call of Duty title was in development for NGP. No gameplay footage was shown.

Here are a list of current third-party publishers and developers supporting the NGP: Grasshopper, IREM, Level 5, Namco Bandai, Square Enix, Ubisoft, 2K Games, Rockstar, Capcom, SEGA, Tecmo Koei, Konami, Epic, Activision.
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

@PSN : BBarger30
@XBOX : fuck xbox
Rep : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 pm

I need to sale my old psp, idk if it even turns on lol. But that one looks good
Back to top Go down
Nightmare5019
Nightmare5019

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

DIVINA__ wrote:

im estimating $300-$400

i might wait a little while but not 2-3 years lol, i might wait till theres a good amount of games for it
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:34 pm

real amazing how sony pulled this off.
i wonder how big the games are. well the games imported are mostly the first titles of games.

Back to top Go down
Nightmare5019
Nightmare5019

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 pm

thats sexy =D
Back to top Go down
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

@PSN : rizzoF5
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

yup.. I'll get it once the price is lowered and is moddable
Back to top Go down
zzz3
Active User
Active User
zzz3

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 am

DIVINA__ wrote:
real amazing how sony pulled this off.
i wonder how big the games are. well the games imported are mostly the first titles of games.

thats sick. couldnt they have just put in some basic ability to make calls? Crying or Very sad it wouldnt even have to be good or anything lol. That would be perfect for me and probably many other people too. Then i wouldnt mind paying a little extra up to $600-700.
Back to top Go down
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 am

^that would take sales away from their psp phone coming out soon
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 am

psp phone makes me roflcopter
Back to top Go down
DMARKz
Admin
Admin
DMARKz

@PSN : DMARKz
Rep : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:11 pm

this is for hippo.
our website is extremely fast on covering the latest gaming news
this one was covered yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

@XBOX : Kipohippo
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks, sorry about that. I didnt see it.
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:20 pm

To beat divina you must be quick lol
Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah, lol. I cant wait for this thing to come out though. The psp to me, seemed cheaply made, i was considering the go for a really long time. When i heard about this, i knew i had to wait. Although i wonder what the back touch screen is for.
Back to top Go down
SHADY

SHADY

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:59 pm

good news

Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 pm

That video made me jizz in my pants, lol.
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Quote :

Sony Looking Into Options Regarding UMD Games on NGP

Sony's next generation portable system, codenamed "NGP" ditches the UMD format of the current generation PSP for DS-like memory cards. This leaves PSP owners with a bit of a predicament: what happens to that massive UMD collection you've built up?

Japanese news site Gigazine asked Sony Japan about this issue and got some surprisingly good news.

Sony and its third parties have been pushing download releases for many of their PSP game releases since the release of the PSP go. As mentioned by CEO Kaz Hirai at last week's PlayStation Meeting press conference where the NGP was first unveiled, Sony will be continuing to work with third parties to get the system's backlog available in downloadable format. This, of course, is dependent on rights issues not getting in the way.

Gigazine also learned that Sony is planning NGP rereleases for PSP UMD titles -- that is, PSP games rereleased on NGP format cards. Sony didn't clearly state what exactly this means. Would it be just the same game on an NGP card, or would there be improvements? We'll have to wait for clarification from Sony on the matter.

Little is known about the NGP's implementation of backwards compatibility at present aside from the announcement that the system will be able to play downloaded PSP games. At the PlayStation Meeting press conference, Capcom's Jun Takeuchi demoed a version of Monster Hunter Freedom 3 that used the right analogue stick for camera control. It's unclear if this was an actual alteration to the game or if it was just the current d-pad camera controls mapped to the stick. There's also some speculation that the system will have to use some sort of visual filtering system to make the lower resolution PSP games look playable on the NPG's high resolution screen.

So if you already have a collection of UMD games for the original PSP, does this mean you'll have to repurchase your games either as a digital download on PlayStation Network or on an NGP card? Sony told Gigazine that it's currently looking into various possibilities regarding this area but has nothing to announce at present. It did, however, state straight out that there are currently no plans for a "UMD reader" device that some have been hoping for.

All this fuss over UMD games may be a bit confusing for gamers outside of Japan, where the PSP is long past its prime. In Japan, however, PSP is among the strongest systems right now and was selling so well following Monster Hunter Freedom 3's December release that hardware shortages were reported for much of January. With a rich upcoming lineup that includes such titles as Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Type-0, keeping current PSP owners happy is presumably one of Sony's top concerns.
Back to top Go down
zzz3
Active User
Active User
zzz3

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

i completely forgot about that^^. I have so many umd's sitting around it would suck if they became obsolete. Maybe they'll introduce some sort of coupon program for people who have umds via the upc code from the box.
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 pm

i hope they let us use UMD's.

im not buying a new memory stick cause, if its rivaled to ps3's graphics i wonder how big files will be. and i didn't recall them saying how much memory is stored in the HD or if it comes with a free stick. my point is, if your really into it, it will fill up in no time.

Back to top Go down
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

...and if this UBB thing passes in Canada, your monthly usage is gone after downloading one game.
Back to top Go down
DMARKz
Admin
Admin
DMARKz

@PSN : DMARKz
Rep : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Possible NGP price leaked by Gamestop

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/02/09/gamestop-leaks-possible-ngp-price/

Quote :
A leaked GameStop photo of upcoming video game releases has hinted at what the upcoming successor to the PlayStation Portable, the NGP, may end up costing when it releases in the US.

One of the main points of speculation since the announcement of the NGP has been it’s price point. The new handheld system is touting PS3 like graphics on a touch screen, two thumb sticks, multiple motion tracking sensors, as well as a touch pad on the back. This coupled with a high end camera, cross platform playing capabilities, and Wi-fi and 3G connectivity, all comes together for what’s presumably some expensive technology. The recently leaked screens from Gamestop supports what several analysts predicted: a $300 price point. Well, $299.99 to be exact, if you worry about pennies.

Next Generation Portable Leakedngp1

Of course, this pricing is subject to change, and isn’t official, but it does lend credence to what we may expect when this little beast arrives on the market. It’s also worthwhile to note that we can see what looks like a release date of 1/1/12, which is probably a place holder considering that Sony originally stated the new portable would see shelves by the holiday season of 2011. That leads to the thought the price may be a placeholder as well. However, if this is indeed the case, would you be ready to shell out the dough?
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

300? Nigga please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Portable   Next Generation Portable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Portable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next