Twisted Metal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bou

@XBOX : Bou819
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Twisted Metal   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 am

Twisted Metal (sometimes referred to as "Twisted Metal PS3") is an upcoming 2011 vehicle combat video game developed by Eat Sleep Play and published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 3 games console. It is the eighth installment in the series of the same name.

::Gameplay::
The game focuses heavily on multiplayer combat, including various online game modes with up to 4 player split-screen, and 16-players online. For example, the Nuke Mode is a new online game mode where you choose a faction to play against an opposing faction. In this mode, each faction has a giant metal statue that are being held in the air by a helicopter, which the opposing team must try to destroy. In order to destroy these statues, the player must abduct the enemy team's leader, then sacrifice the leader to a missile launcher that will, in turn, launch a nuclear missile. The person who sacrifices the leader and launches the missile has to control it to hit the opposing teams statue in the air. In order to win the opposing team as to repeat the process 3 times before the statue is destroyed for a team to win. Four factions have been revealed so far: the Clowns, the Dolls, the Skulls, and the Preachers. The former having been announced as being inspired by Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal series) and Dollface (Twisted Metal: Black) respectively. The latter are assumably led by Mr. Grimm (Twisted Metal series) and The Preacher (Twisted Metal: Black) respectively.

::Background & Vehicles::
It has yet to be revealed if the game is set in the same universe as any previous Twisted Metal installment, or is a new universe altogether.

New selectable vehicles in the game include Reaper (a motorcycle, likely Mr. Grimm's), Roadboat (a car that looks similar to a Mitsubishi Eclipse), Death Warrant (a 2005-2009 Ford Mustang), Vermin (a rodent catcher van), an 80's Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Meat Wagon (a medical 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Combination Car, which closely resembles Ghostbusters' Ecto-1) and Talon (a helicopter). The game will (of course) have Sweet Tooth's iconic Ice Cream truck, it can turn into a transformer type thing. Sweet Tooth and Junkyard Dog also return. Drivers and cars seem to be interchangeable in this game. The existence of Reaper hints at the likelihood of customizable cars/drivers. This is further hinted at in another interview with David Jaffe. New weapons include Sniper Rifle and Shot Gun.
Each car now has two Specials (as opposed to other TM games, which have only one per vehicle.)

::Possible Additional Info::
Eat Sleep Play may have provided more information about what is to be implemented into the new installment of the franchise during the Sweet Tooth Tour in Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition, when unlocking certain information about the history and developments of previous TM games. On feature 18/29 the developers state that the touring mode was to have been incorporated in Twisted Metal: Harbor City, a.k.a. Twisted Metal: Black II, which was to have both Sweet Tooth and Preacher playable and have a full interactive game mode. Of course, this was scrapped as TM:HC was never finished. But in an interesting note, in feature 18/29 they explain how the mode was to work and going on into the traps and end the paragraph with "Enjoy! We won't go so easy on you next time!". Thus, giving a possible hint that this mode could very well be implemented in the next Twisted Metal game for the PlayStation 3.

::Trailer & Gameplay::

I used to LOVE Twisted Metal 2, i've only played that one & Twisted Metal 4.
Am excited for this, so glad Twisted Metal is back, I HOPE they bring back Twister or a car
that is similar to Twister, with her Twister Special.

♪~앨리스 매드니스 리턴즈~♫
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/A21BS
DIVINA__

@PSN : DIVINA__
@XBOX : PR08LEMZ
Rep : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal   Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:37 am

wow forgot about this game
i hope it actually becomes a good game and highly addictive like the ps1 tittles.
most games loose interest when another title comes out. the ps2 ones weren't as
fun as the ones on the ps1 imo.
the new game mode seems a little confusing. really want to try this out though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zzz3
Active User
Active User

@PSN : ZUEY
Rep : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm

no more calypso?

i used to play twisted metal 2 everyday during lunch time lol. i usually picked outlaw but spectre and minion were fun too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God

@PSN : BBarger30
@XBOX : fuck xbox
Rep : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Zuey was the fat kid by himself. Lol jk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DIVINA__

@PSN : DIVINA__
@XBOX : PR08LEMZ
Rep : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:21 pm

i dont really remember the names
all i remember were sweet tooth and axel
and in twisted metal 2 i always used to use this toy car just because it
had the best rate of fire.

hopefully the game will live up to its hype. all the new and destructive things
look cool but it might be the same like mw2. we saw the harriers and choppers
and ended up saying "its fun getting it, but not much skill involved for the stacking"
and it was way to easy to get.
helicopter looks pretty cool. hope it will be balanced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bou

@XBOX : Bou819
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal   Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Yeah Twisted Metal 2 was soooo fun! Never got tired of it.
The ones I remember are Specter, Twister, Mr.Gimm, Axel, Grasshopper,
Mr.Slam (the tractor guy), Minion, Sweet Tooth, Outlaw, Shadow, & Thumper
that's all I can remember.
My favorite stages were that Tokyo one, and Paris. bounce bounce bounce

♪~앨리스 매드니스 리턴즈~♫
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/A21BS
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal   

Back to top Go down

Twisted Metal
Page 1 of 1