Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???

Go down 
+4
xXTRU3-_-G4M3RXx
rizzoF5
Areksoo
DIVINA__
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

@PSN : rizzoF5
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 am

didnt do it yet - my balls r not big enough
Back to top Go down
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:54 am

The thread no RFD is good - more human english as opposed to 1337-speak on psx scene

http://f.redflagdeals.com/showthread.php?t=928957&page=60
Back to top Go down
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm

the game has started... 3.56 FW is out, let's see what happens in the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

@PSN : BBarger30
@XBOX : fuck xbox
Rep : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm

read the last sentence.. effing PSN sucks. it does not care about its users.. and how much you wana bet they always use xbox updates just redone for ps3.

Sony has released another firmware update for their Playstation 3 game console, designed to close security weaknesses in the system. The weaknesses were allowing hackers to use a custom firmware program, called "Jailbreak," to break into the PS3 system. The update, 3.56, is supposed to shut down that ability.

Security breaches in their consoles have been an ongoing issue for gaming corporations. The newest update to the Playstation comes a little more than two weeks after Microsoft's Xbox had a required security update of their own, also aimed at shutting down custom firmware and increasing the overall security of the system.

As the number of the update -- 3.56 -- suggests, Playstation has issued several updates for their system designed to stop hackers. The last update, 3.55 , was reportedly supposed to do the exact same thing that 3.56 is now supposed to accomplish. Both the most recent updates have been issued with little fanfare from Playstation, and deliberately under-described as minor patches.

There has been a slew of updates to the system since 2009, when the slimmer Playstation 3 model was introduced. In April of that year, Sony released update 3.21, which removed the previous version of the system's ability to download another operating system to the PS3. This was also supposed to shore up security.

Update 3.42 , released in September of last year, also was supposed to target the hacking firmware known as "Jailbreak," that allows Playstation users to use borrowed (or pirated) games on their systems. It also impacted users' ability to play games that they had created themselves.

All of Sony's Playstation updates are required downloads if a gamer intends to log in and use the Playstation Network. This tends to upset users every time that Sony issues the updates, because many of the patches that the company has issued have been accused of downgrading the playing experience overall, not improving it. Norway's Consumer Council joined the fray after receiving complaints from gamers about update 3.42, which removed the ability for users to download other operating systems.

Sony has to this point refused to change its procedures in lieu of customer complaints. So far, all of Playstation's updates have been hacked again within days, sometimes hours, of the patch's release.

Back to top Go down
Lieutenantdan
Lieutenantdan

@XBOX : xxHydrooxx
Rep : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 pm

BBarger30 wrote:
read the last sentence.. effing PSN sucks. it does not care about its users.. and how much you wana bet they always use xbox updates just redone for ps3.

Sony has released another firmware update for their Playstation 3 game console, designed to close security weaknesses in the system. The weaknesses were allowing hackers to use a custom firmware program, called "Jailbreak," to break into the PS3 system. The update, 3.56, is supposed to shut down that ability.

Security breaches in their consoles have been an ongoing issue for gaming corporations. The newest update to the Playstation comes a little more than two weeks after Microsoft's Xbox had a required security update of their own, also aimed at shutting down custom firmware and increasing the overall security of the system.

As the number of the update -- 3.56 -- suggests, Playstation has issued several updates for their system designed to stop hackers. The last update, 3.55 , was reportedly supposed to do the exact same thing that 3.56 is now supposed to accomplish. Both the most recent updates have been issued with little fanfare from Playstation, and deliberately under-described as minor patches.

There has been a slew of updates to the system since 2009, when the slimmer Playstation 3 model was introduced. In April of that year, Sony released update 3.21, which removed the previous version of the system's ability to download another operating system to the PS3. This was also supposed to shore up security.

Update 3.42 , released in September of last year, also was supposed to target the hacking firmware known as "Jailbreak," that allows Playstation users to use borrowed (or pirated) games on their systems. It also impacted users' ability to play games that they had created themselves.

All of Sony's Playstation updates are required downloads if a gamer intends to log in and use the Playstation Network. This tends to upset users every time that Sony issues the updates, because many of the patches that the company has issued have been accused of downgrading the playing experience overall, not improving it. Norway's Consumer Council joined the fray after receiving complaints from gamers about update 3.42, which removed the ability for users to download other operating systems.

Sony has to this point refused to change its procedures in lieu of customer complaints. So far, all of Playstation's updates have been hacked again within days, sometimes hours, of the patch's release.

Ya Sony has pretty much failed I think they should hire some people who actually know what their doing but they are to lazy so they will just port xbox patches I give them a cookie for being so good at what they do
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 pm

they fail at importing to apperently lol
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

@PSN : DIVINA__
@XBOX : PR08LEMZ
Rep : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Quote :
Court Orders PS3 Hacker to Turn Over Computers

A California court has granted Sony's Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order and Order of Impoundment against George Hotz, the renowned hacker that helped breach the PlayStation 3's security earlier this month.

Hotz, and all parties involved, are now restrained from distributing, providing, or otherwise trafficking in any PS3 security circumvention technology, including: products, services, methods, codes, and software tools, among others. Hotz must also remove any links from his website that directs others to the hacking software.

"Having considered all the papers and arguments, the Court finds that SCEA has shown a likelihood of success on the merits of its claims for violation of the DMCA and CFAA, and that it will suffer irreparable harm unless Defendant Hotz's violations are enjoined," the filing states.

The court also ordered that Hotz must preserve and not destroy computer files, documents, and hard drives containing hacking software. He also must turn over any computers, hard drives, CDs and other storage devices that contain circumvention software in the next 10 business days.

"Obviously, we are disappointed with the ruling granting the TRO," Hotz's attorney, Stewart Kellar, said in a statement given to IGN. "However, this preliminary determination does not end the issue of whether the Court has personal jurisdiction over Mr. Hotz.

"We are continuing to pursue all avenues of defense at this early stage of the litigation."

A hearing date has not been set but all parties must meet before Feb. 1, 2011.

its not sony's fault, and as far as the patch. its exactly the same as xbox
right now sony put a lock on the ps3 so any jailbroken ps3's must patch to go online
same with the xbox. and with the top hacker under restraint. i dont think the jailbreak will ever go online
the only problem is sony's staff and tech support. right now their stuck at a milestone
there only options are to block any hacker from going online and have a full system scan, just like xbox
or do it the hard way and keep changing patch codes which can be broken within days, but maybe it'll
be such a hassle that most jailbreakers will get tired of patching and eventually keep them offline

other than that, after a console gets jailbroken, it cannot be undone.
the only thing to do is stop the hackers from going online
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 pm

but now in those 10 business days he turn over what he wants to someone he trust. one hacker will not shut down the jail break unless they scan systems for hacks. they need to make their own update with custom software to scan for the hacks.
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 pm

yes very true. hackers will never stop
the possible solution in all my knowledge is to make the system a online only console
which is impossible and has never been done in history.
it'll be a waste of money and sony will probably just lose money.

if microsoft can find a way, then sony can find a solution
unfortunately any gaming, or not just gaming any company that was hacked never ever blocked it. sony can succeed if they hire a extra 10k workers on tech support to make a full system scan and brick the consoles.

or make a remake of the ps3 and just make the jailmod unreadable so any new hackers cant use it. and if a hardmod will try to be made, then the ps3 will become bricked, just like the psp battery
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:27 pm

how bout we pay $10 a month and get xbox style support. i would pay for that
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 pm

they should do that and add it tp PS+. just need some better servers
the money sony makes can halp support any third party companies with online

as of the jailbreaks though. it can never be fixed. and thats my predicament
micro cant do it, so its impossible for sony to get any close
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:37 pm

third parties would be the only option. to beat a hacker, you need a better hacker. they could use the guy they just caught to help them if they promise a lesser sentence. that would help them get a very good code up and running.
Back to top Go down
zzz3
Active User
Active User
zzz3

@PSN : ZUEY
Rep : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:23 am

BBarger30 wrote:
third parties would be the only option. to beat a hacker, you need a better hacker. they could use the guy they just caught to help them if they promise a lesser sentence. that would help them get a very good code up and running.

good luck to sony convincing the jury that this is the face of evil
PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 539px-George_Hotz
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 am

Hey it's dmarkz!
Back to top Go down
rizzoF5
V.I.P
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:35 am

it's silent_f4gg0t!!!!

anyways... sony should just stop trying

what system in the history of video games wasnt hacked? Maybe Saturn or Jaguar since they only had 5 customers.

But old classic systems like NES, SNES were hacked up the ass with the disk systems, yet they still made tons of money

3.56 comes out, but look at the 1st page of psx-scene - everyone's still able to go online using 3.55 by using some dns proxy trick

As for me, I dunno if I'll update - kinda wanna wait to see what happens before I decide if I'm going to install CFW. Thing is, I looked at the games list and really.. I dont have much interest in playing other games except for this one japanese game. So I'd be installing CFW just for the sake of doing it.
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 am

rizzo should call noob out so he will post. cause hes on here to much not to post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???   PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 FINALLY JAILBROKEN???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2