Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bioshock infinite

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

@XBOX : davidguitar15
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I really can't wait till this game comes out...it looks awesome...it comes out in 2012...I don't know how to post videos so i can't post the trailer. heres some news though.

"So what are you working on next?" Those seven words have almost always found their way into conversations with creative director Ken Levine and the staff at Boston-based Irrational Games since the acclaimed release of the original BioShock in 2007. For nearly three years, the response has always been a usually sly deflection coupled with a coy look that made it clear Irrational Games had something cooking. The wait finally ended Wednesday night in New York as Levine took the stage at the Plaza Hotel and unveiled BioShock Infinite, a new entry in the franchise that's likely not what anyone was expecting.

Before we dive into the game, we should note that while BioShock Infinite carries the BioShock moniker, the game is an almost entirely different experience from Irrational's last title with that name. After our look at the game, we have to say that, in a strange way, BioShock Infinite appears to be setting the franchise up for a Final Fantasy-like run. No, the team hasn't added materia, summons, and chocobos to go along with its fantastical airborne setting. What the game appears to be doing is taking key elements that are central to the BioShock experience and reimagining them in the context of a new story. So, like with nearly every Final Fantasy game that has hit consoles, fans of the series will find plenty of familiar elements on hand, but they will be wrapped in a new experience.

So just what is BioShock Infinite's new experience? In two words: the sky. The game is once again set in a slightly skewed version of history where humankind manages to do something incredible. In this particular case, America has created a vast flying city called Columbia, named after the poetic name for the Americas and the feminine personification of the United States of America. The sprawling airborne metropolis is ostensibly meant to be a slick, showstopping testament to the nation's ingenuity and the benefits of a democratic system that travels the world. This does actually appear to be the caseā€¦for a little while. However, the humans included a few undocumented features in the utopian flotilla (a full complement of weapons), and things go sideways. While the specifics were hazy in the presentation, we think it's safe to assume that when all is said and done, there's probably a smoking crater someplace in the world in the wake of Columbia baring its teeth. The result is that Columbia disappears into the clouds.

This chain of event sets up the start of BioShock Infinite, which casts you as Booker Dewitt, a disgraced former member of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. For those not up on their history, the Pinkertons were a private US security guard and detective agency established by Allan Pinkerton in 1850. At its peak, the agency wound up having more agents than there were members of the army, making it the largest private law-enforcement organization. Dewitt's experience and unique skill set have made him a resource for those who have special needs. A mysterious figure taps Dewitt to find a young woman named Elizabeth, who has been kidnapped and is presently being held in Columbia. The request to find Elizabeth also comes with information on Columbia's whereabouts and how to find where she's being held, which starts Dewitt's journey to uncover the mysteries of the failed utopia.

We got a taste of Dewitt's adventure in the live demo of the game, which showcased the similarities to and differences from the original BioShock. The level opened up with the former agent regaining consciousness amid a bizarre collage of imagery taken from a poster that featured George Washington surrounded by minority caricatures that proclaimed, "It is our duty to protect against the foreign hordes." We got a taste of Columbia's unique architecture and construction as Dewitt began moving around. While his initial surroundings appeared to be an ordinary street alley, it became clear that was not the case as little details started to become apparent: the horse and cart making its way toward him on the street; a steam-punk-y horse mechanoid; movement beyond the shaded alley; massive buildings held aloft on blimps and hot-air balloons that appear to be in constant varied motion, a bit like waves in the ocean tide; and a smaller landmass, with a tall building and a ringing bell that comes slamming to the ground. The demo pushed Dewitt further into the clearly troubled city to reveal a grocery store on fire being sweeped, we hope, by a mechanical female. Beyond the shop, we saw a massive statue of Columbia kneeling while holding a flag. Just up the street from the statue we saw the corpse of a horse, which clearly made a case for why the locals opted for mechanical replacements.

As the demo progressed, Dewitt moved to a grassy area, which bumped up the game's unsettling vibe a notch as a very chatty resident's rant on bearing arms could be heard coming from further ahead. The journey to reach the speaker yielded a selection of disturbing signs ominously referring to a mystery group taking away a person's life, guns, and other liberties, as well as a troubled resident sitting on a bench alone with a flock of crows. Dewitt reaches the speaker, who appears to be someone named Saltonstall based on posters lying around. The tone of the city has taken a turn for the worse that's topped off by some kind of transformation in Saltonstall, who goes from an eccentric person to a totally crazy person with glowing bright-red eyes. The wizened speaker summons his compatriot, the crow-loving bench sitter, and asks him to attack Dewitt, who was able to collect a weapon from the buckets of rifles around Saltonstall. This results in an assault by every nearby bird, directed by Saltonstall's associate.

While the crows are a problem, the main issue is their master, whom Dewitt dispatches with a handy melee attack that boots his foe over a railing to an unceremonious death on top of a tram car a ways below. Saltonstall escapes by using a rail system, accessed by a handheld hook, that lets him shoot over to another one of the floating islands. As Dewitt attempts to find a way to follow, he is able to see the dead henchman on the tram car below his vantage point and a plasmid-bottle-style pickup that is for the "murder of crows" power. One quick telekinetically powered retrieval later and Dewitt is chugging down the liquid and gaining dominion over crows.

Back to top Go down
http://www.falloutfansunite.canada-forum.net
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

@XBOX : Kipohippo
Rep : 5

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:17 pm

I want this so bad. Lol
Back to top Go down
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 pm

we only have to wait a year Smile
Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:24 pm

I wish i could get put in a cryo freeze so i wont have to wait for these games.
Back to top Go down
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:32 pm

your family would miss you and then you would wake up so hungry you'd eat them out of house and home...lol
Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Eh, i already eat all the food here. Did you not notice my avatar? lol
Back to top Go down
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm

I think thats crack or cocaine. not good.
Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:42 pm

You know nothing about drugs then. Crack and cocaine are both white powders. That is a pot leaf. Marijuana?
Back to top Go down
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 pm

i dont do drugs so i dont know about drugs much..this is going offtopic
Back to top Go down
Kipohippo

Kipohippo

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 am

Bioshock infinite + Drugs = Good time. Lol, okay back on topic. Has a specific date been announced yet?
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

@PSN : DIVINA__
@XBOX : PR08LEMZ
Rep : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm

never played either of them
but i always hear how good of a game they are
might pick them up sometime this year just to pass the time
im pretty sure they should be around under $30 each used
Back to top Go down
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 pm

DIVINA__ wrote:

both games are awesome...bioshock 1 has all sorts of cool stuff to do and bioshock 2 has an awesome single player and mutiplayer
Back to top Go down
Lieutenantdan
Lieutenantdan

@XBOX : xxHydrooxx
Rep : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:35 pm

DIVINA__ wrote:
both 1 and 2 are 20 USD each
Back to top Go down
davidguitar15

davidguitar15

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

I think you can find bioshock 1 and 2 for about 15 or so dollars each
Back to top Go down
Lieutenantdan
Lieutenantdan

@XBOX : xxHydrooxx
Rep : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 pm

davidguitar15 wrote:
I think you can find bioshock 1 and 2 for about 15 or so dollars each
most likely I just posted the prices on Steam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bioshock infinite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock infinite   Bioshock infinite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bioshock infinite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Video Games :: Xbox 360 Discussions-