Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Please log in or Register. Thanks.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout New Vegas

Go down 
+3
DMARKz
Lieutenantdan
HardCoreGamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HardCoreGamer
HardCoreGamer

Rep : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty stoked for this.
I was a huge fan of Fallout 3, and played that game for hours. I think I have over 90 hours on that game.

A trailer/teaser for the upcoming title in the Fallout series, was released a couple days ago.

Enjoy:

I can't wait! Added this to my most anticipated games of 2010.

Here's a summary of article from PCGamer magazine's cover story of Fallout: New Vegas:

# There is an optional hardcore mode, the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant etc.
# Normal mode is more similar to Fallout 3 gameplay.
# The storyline is focused on the New California Republic vs. Caesar's Legion (slavers from the east) vs. New Vegas residents (Possibly the denizens of Vault 21).
# You are not a vault dweller but are given a Pip-Boy by someone who is one.
# There is a screenshot of a vault suit as well.
# There is an assault rifle looking like the M4, as well as a new big gun with a backpack, held like a minigun.
# There are special moves for melee weapons in VATS - specifically a move for a golf club called "Fore" which seems to be a groin shot.
# The Hoover Dam is in the game and is supplying electricity to the city.
# There is a quest to rescue a ghoul from some super mutants. The ghoul can then become your companion
# The Geckos are back.
# There are both dumb and intelligent super mutants, including the elite Nightkin. On at least one occasion you can convince them to fight amongst themselves.
# Some super mutants look similar to the ones in Fallout 3, while others are new. There is e.g. a female super mutant with a 1950s hairstyle who apparently is one of their leaders.
# Screenshots include a guy with a beard and straw hat, a ghoul and an NCR Ranger.
# The only picture of New Vegas itself is concept art and not a screenshot.
# Some location screenshots include a huge model dinosaur advertising a hotel, some satellite dishes, an array of solar panels
# A character generation shot showing a "vigour machine" instead of the skill book
# NCR base is the McCarran Airport, Caesar's Legion is based in the Vegas Strip, while super mutants are based in a place called Black Mountain.
# There is also a town called Fremont and another called Primm. A topless reuve is mentioned as being in the latter. Area 51 also appears.
# NCR Ranger armor is similar to a brown combat armor with sleeves, there are concept arts of a Ranger.
# Skils have a bigger effect on conversation choices. E.g. someone with a high Explosives skill may be able to have a coversation about explosives where appropriate.
# There is a Reputation system in addition to Karma.
# First-person action RPG with the same engine as Fallout 3.
# Set in the Mojave wastelands. Vegas didn't get many nukes. More intact buildings, as well as desert vegetation. Vegas itself is mostly intact
# Vegas itself is mostly intact
# Both karma and reputation are tracked. If I'm reading it right there's separate reputations for each of the settlements, as in 1 and 2.
# All dialogue options are shown to all players, regardless of whether you have the stats to succeed or not, though there's no punishment for failure.
# Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.
# Weapons also now have knock-back upon death, with shotguns sending people flying.
# Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like "follow", "stay" or "attack".
# You're a courier, wounded and left for dead in a shallow grave. A friendly robot, Victor, digs you out, and his doctor owner Mitchell patches you up. You take a "vigour test", which is some sort of electric parlour game. This decides who you are and sets up SPECIAL. You can also take some Rorschach tests, but the mag says this is for fun. The Doc then gives you a Pipboy as he was once a Vault dweller.
# "Hoover Dam", and "Helios" (a solar plant, confirmed by the mag to have been built by Poseidon) are fought into and then you can direct the power to wherever you choose. In the case of Helios you can also keep the plant for your self, use the energy to call down a powerful laser, or even try to distribute to all equally, however there is a risk of overloading the reactors.
# There is a "reputation system", in which all three factions (NCR, Ceasar's Legion and the locals) will either see you as good or bad toward them individually.
# There is a screenshot of three Capital Wasteland mutants running toward the player, who is wielding what *looks* to be a heavy incinerator, but has a TV screen and no flamer fuel tanks. He's also wearing NCR combat armour, which is in gold/mustard colours.
# There are two separate screens of supermutants that look to be more local, grey skin, and the two are wearing very different clothes. One is Tabitha, who is hearing a blonde wig and love heart glasses. The mag implies she's "not all there".
# On that quest, you rescue Raul, a ghoul who Tabitha kept alive to fix her favourite robot. He appears to be a follower, as the mag says you can give him items, and also commands, such as "stay, follow or attack", and also tell him to switch to melee, in which case he'll mutter "sure, I'll put away my rather effective gun, and switch to this piece of um, metal tubing here".
# From what I read, the "all dialog" thing seems to imply there will be failures for skill checks as well as speech checks, though, as the mag states, there is no penalty for failing a skill check. In fact, the mag gives an example: A woman who the player tried a Sneak skill attempt on in conversation failed when convincing her an ambush would help the town be rid of a gang of raiders. She simply says "Good luck with your, uh, ambush"
# Regardin dialog (J.E.Sawyer): This is how it works. Each skill-based dialogue option has two different texts: one for high skill (which will result in success) and one for low skill (which will result in failure). If you do not meet the required threshold, you see the latter.
There are a few reasons for including this:
* In the same way that a locked safe beyond your Lockpicking skill indicates, it lets the player know that there's an option here.
* Some of the NPC responses to low skill checks can be pretty entertaining.
I also do want to clarify what is meant by "no penalty for failure". All it means is that you won't wind up in a worse position than you were before selecting it. If a dude bursts in and is intent on killing you, he's still going to want to kill you if you fail the Speech check to talk him out of it.
# A Vault 21 suit spotted (possibly the inhabitants of New Vegas - speculation)
# About Area 51 (Jason Bergman, Bethsda): The Area 51 thing was pure speculation on PC Gamer's part. We did not show it or confirm whether or not it's in there. PC Gamer put it in because it's Nevada, and they think that means it will be in there.
I'm not saying it is or isn't, just that we haven't said either way.
The engine is clearly the same, although the colors look more vibrant.
Animations seem to be very similar to the ones in F3;
The models also look very similar, the mutants especially borrow very much from design the of the ones in F3, at least for now; Their new armor looks pretty fit for the setting.
Looks like dynamite might be in;
Doctor Mitchell, the one that revives the PC at the start of the game, lives in a town called Goodsprings. He might also be a ghoul since he says he was in a vault at war time. It seems he also owns Victor the robot, aparently the one that is digging up the sand in the teaser trailer - and, very probably, the game's intro.
And that's the Player Character burried in the sand.
It might be that we'll have many more options in dialogue based on skills, although this is not clearly explained in the article. (I'm mentioning this because you can't really tell what exactly they say about this: is it more evolved than what Fallout 3 brought or exactly like that, since there are enough skill, stat, perk and karma checks in F3)
A new minor faction is in, the Powder Gangers, which will give some trouble to the player - maybe not more than the Tunnel Snakes in F3.
The action takes place 3 years after the events in F3.
One of first quests is dealling with some geckos - probably the standard "kill the rats" quest.
A new weapon is in until now - Varmint rifle.
Along books, magazines seem to be back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so damn excited, what about you guys? Day one pick up for sure.

DISCUSS !
Back to top Go down
Lieutenantdan
Lieutenantdan

@XBOX : xxHydrooxx
Rep : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 pm

OMFG
btw very beginning= saw
1:36=batman
Back to top Go down
DMARKz
Admin
Admin
DMARKz

@PSN : DMARKz
@XBOX : PR08LEMZ
Rep : 52

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Man, I still got to finish Fallout 3 LOL.
I always loved the post apocalyptic theme that Fallout has. I'll wait for some game play
videos before I decide if I should get this day one or not lol. Either way, I'll probably still
end up getting this.

Last edited by PR0BLEMZ on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HardCoreGamer
HardCoreGamer

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm

PR0BLEMZ wrote:
I always loved the post apocalyptic theme that Fallout has. I'll wait for some game play
videos before I decide if I should get this day one or not lol. Either way, I'll probably still
end up getting this.

Your insane for not finishing Fallout 3 dude !
Go do that now !
Back to top Go down
DMARKz
Admin
Admin
DMARKz

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 pm

HardCoreGamer wrote:
PR0BLEMZ wrote:
end up getting this.

Your insane for not finishing Fallout 3 dude !
Go do that now !

I don't have it on my computer anymore lol. I got to re-download that shit.
I'll probably just end up finding a used copy of Fallout 3 somewhere so I can finish the story.
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

@PSN : DIVINA__
Rep : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 pm

E3 TRAILER
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:47 am

i never played the first fallout
i watched mark play it on the pc and it looked very boring
at that time i wasn't really interested in the fps style rpg game
even though you can switch to tps i was more comfortable with
the traditional turn base style gameplay. but i picked up borderlands
around boxing day and it turned out to be one of my favorite games.
and eveyone is saying fallout is was better then border so i should pick
it up for a really cheap price now. the thing i never really liked about fallout 3
is when i watched the videos, they looked really boring where compared to
borderlands, you see a horde of wierdos trying to kill you. so hcgamer can you
reply to this msg asap to try to convice me to buying the game. cause i dont
really see the fun in it
Back to top Go down
AlphaFist
Noob
Noob
AlphaFist

Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

@Divina Borderlands and Fallout 3 is 2 totally different games. They both have the same concept, but they both hold their own ground. I played both and finish both and I think Fallout had a much stronger story. Borderlands in the 2nd hand is also a great game. Weak story, but strong action. Tons of weapons, crazy enemies, and online multi player. Both games are open world and there is tons of exploring to do. I think fallout is great though because you can basically interact with every person you meet. Not just that but you can also make your own decisions which can change the entire game. Make your choiced wisely though because you can be a good guy or a bad guy. In the end, both are great games and i think you wouldnt be disappointed with fallout. Fallout has a strong story, and tons of fun side missions. Try watching a couple missions or
exploring on youtube and ask your self if you would enjoy the game.
Hope i helped, hardcoregamer would probably be more help though =X
Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:52 pm

Back to top Go down
DIVINA__
DIVINA__

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 pm

just not getting this cause of bops
maybe christmas... but i'll prob still be busy for bops if its good
Back to top Go down
DMARKz
Admin
Admin
DMARKz

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Played this at my cousins house and its pretty sick. Makes me wanna get it now. Theres so many things to do in the game, i love it. Anyone else play this yet?
Back to top Go down
BBarger30
Forum God
Forum God
BBarger30

@PSN : BBarger30
@XBOX : fuck xbox
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 pm

I played it. It gets so repative and just gets boring. So I just stop playing it
Back to top Go down
fatguy234
Trainee
Trainee

@PSN : fatguy234
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-12

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:36 am

I hated that game. I tried to give it a chance for a couple days but i just couldnt do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout New Vegas
Page 1 of 1